Friday, October 5, 2012

October 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 22F (yes, 22, like 13 degrees below 32, which is a little chilly.)

What I cooked today:
Pot Roast: I got a roast yesterday at the store, and actually decided to cook it!  I threw in some potatoes, onions and celery, and let it bake for about 1 1/2 hours.  It turned out great, and who doesn't love potatoes roasted that way?  Yumm...

Update:
I really like Friday's.  I'm not sure if that's because I don't have to drive back and forth to Geyser 3 times on weekends, but I'm sure that doesn't hurt! 

Today was Katie's last volleyball game, and since it was in Grass Range, and neither Patrick nor I could make it anyway, she decided not to go.  I'm sure there is a part of her that is glad she stuck with it for the entire season, but I'm sure there's a bigger part of her that is glad she's done.  She didn't really like it, probably because she's so little that she couldn't get the power behind her hits.  Perhaps she'll like it more in a few years.

It was also Allen's last day of Football practice.  He has his last game on Monday.  And it couldn't have ended at a better time.  It was probably in the low 40's on the field today, which means he was a little cold.  I'm sure if it was during a game, he might have the adrenaline to keep him warm, but today, he was freezing!  I might have to find some thermals or something to wear under his uniform on Monday, since it's still supposed to be cold on Monday.

Basketball practice starts on Tuesday, but Allen thinks he will probably not join this season.  I don't think he really enjoys basketball, which is kind of a sin around here, and I think he really misses having free time.  This season he had either a game or practice until 6 every day.  Which got him home as early as 6:30, and sometimes as late as 8ish.  Which only gave a few hours to do all his homework, eat dinner and get to bed.  He never complained, and sometimes he was up until 10 finishing his homework. 

So, when I asked if he wanted to play, his first response was, "No.  I want to have more time to work on my homework.  But, I will do Track in the spring."  Hmm, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment