Saturday, March 31, 2012

March 31, 2012

Outside Temp: 52 F (clear and beautiful, then cloudy, then rain, then cloudy, then rain, then clear, then...  It's been like this all day.... I love it!)

What I cooked today:
Taco soup: It's just ground beef with taco seasoning, then carrots, celery, onions and tomatoes.  But it's a soup, which Patrick wanted.  It's ground beef, which was defrosted.  And it's easy, which I wanted!

Update:
Church today, then into Great Falls for some shopping.  Allen needed track shoes (as opposed to basketball shoes, as opposed to street shoes, as opposed to baseball or soccer or football shoes... I mean, really?  Different shoes for each sport.  lame)

So, I'm traveling down the highway at around 80 (which is pretty normal), when I see the highway patrol pass me, and immediately turn around on the highway and come up behind me.  I mean, really?

"I clocked you going 79 MPH back there." he said.

Really?  79?  And I wasn't getting passed? 

I had my licence and my registration and my insurance info ready for him, and he looked it over and asked, "Where are you going?"

I explained that I was heading into town for my weekly shopping, since we're from Raynesford and we only go into town once a week. 

He looked over my car (yes, my little Aveo) and said, "You can fit a week's worth of groceries in here?". 

He was kind enough to give me a warning and let me go, which was totally awesome.  I'm sure he ran my plates and my licence, just to make sure I wasn't wanted for murder somewhere.  But I was totally stunned that he was letting me go.  In California, I think they run your plates and issue the ticket before they even step up to your window. 

There was a 'Officer in Training' standing back, so I'm figuring that he was training a new recruit.  And my car is yellow, and I was going over the speed limit, so I was an easy target.  And since I don't have to actually pay anything, and it only took a few minutes of my time, I'm more than willing to be a teaching moment for someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment