Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012

Outside Temp: 40 F (we had rain today... I LOVE the smell of rain!)

What I cooked today:
Bran Muffins: I still had some muffin batter in the fridge, so I made these up for breakfast.  Of course, my oven burned the first batch, then undercooked the second.  I want a new oven. 

Frozen Pizza:  By the time we got home from shopping, the kids were starving.  Thankfully, they are not too picky about what they eat for dinner.  Hello, frozen pizza... in other words, cardboard with canned tomato and dehydrated cheese.  Yummy...

Update:
After church, we spent about an hour debating whether we wanted to head into town or not.  Patrick really wants new glasses, but he needs an eye exam before we get new glasses, and (unlike that old place we used to live), there were no available appointments today.  Apparently, they only do eye appointments on Tuesdays and Fridays (or something equally silly).  So, we'll plan on heading into town on Tuesday to get his eyes checked, then get new frames and lenses.

That being said, we were almost out of milk, so we decided to head into town anyway.  We stopped at Big Lots to get Allen some new headphones.  Then we saw Bed, Bath and Beyond. 

Evil store.  Totally evil.  The evil person who came up with the idea of this store should be shot.  And then tortured, and then shot again.  Okay, not really.  I just really, really like all the cool kitchen and bathroom and house stuff, that I just get envious and greedy and I want this and that and that too!  Oooo, I really needed this cutting board with a built in colander that sits over the sink.  But I was strong and resisted.  Of course, I couldn't resist the sale on candles, and Patrick really needed a new pillow.  Oh, and those new trivets.  And the cheese cloth (everyone needs some of that!).  $75 later, we escaped.  I breathed a sigh of relief that we pulled it off for less than a $100 in tribute.  And I pray that I can avoid it in the future. 

We then hit Wal-Mart, which I thought might have the USB headphones that I wanted.  They didn't but I did manage to find some headbands for Katie, some clothes for Allen, a new skirt for me, more canning supplies, Aspirin (with the Excedrin recall, Wal-mart has the generic of the Excedrin Migraine, thank Goodness), and a few other things.  Ugh, another $100 down and we finally headed to the grocery store.

We survived the grocery store for less than $100, but just barely. 

I swear, when I go into town on my own, I make it out for less than $100.  But, when my husband comes with me, we spend 3 times as much!  I should never allow him to come with me!  (of course, in a few weeks, I'll forget that he's not allowed with me, and I'll do it again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment