Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10, 2012

Outside Temp: 33 F (it was in the 60's again today...  I guess this is spring... )

What I cooked today:
Beef Stew: I forgot about our date day, so I started the beef stew this morning when I woke up.  Oh well, the Grandparents were able to take it to their house for dinner, so it didn't go to waste!

Update:
Date Day!  Patrick has been feeling bad about not paying enough attention to me, so while discussing it with our priest yesterday, it was suggested that he should take me out for a date day.  Of course, he would be getting something after it as well, but I guess that's just coincidence.

We started the day with a girl's basketball game at 10am at the school.  Katie wanted to cheer on her friends, so I was up at 8:30am on a Saturday, which is unheard of in our house.  Although the girls didn't win, I think they played well and we enjoyed the game.  Katie also got to hang out with a few of her friends, and I got a chocolate bar (oh my gosh, flashback to high school!), so the morning started out pretty well. 

After the game, we got ready for church.  Church was great today!  We talked about the 'cleansing of the temple' and the homily went over how the Church itself sometimes needs to be 'cleaned out' as well.  Perhaps a little radical, but appropriate just the same.

Then, after church, the Grandparents took all 4 kids up to their place and Patrick and I headed into town for our date.  We had a great lunch and then headed over to a movie.  We saw 'This Means War', with Reese Witherspoon (who is one of my personal favorites).  The movie was a great romantic comedy, which is always fun to watch with a husband.  There were a bunch of great moments, that had us laughing out loud. 

Then afterwards, we hit the grocery store (so I don't have to do it tomorrow! Woo Hoo), and the book store.  Patrick and I almost always find ourselves at a book store when we are on a date.  I found a book called 'How to Ace the National Geographic Bee', which might be useful for my son to prepare for the Geography Bee on the 30th of this month (perhaps he should start studying?). 

We stopped at a shoe store, where we spent about an hour finding me a pair of cute low cut boots, that I can wear with my skirt.  Yes, I've been wearing my hiking boots with my skirt at church, which is kind of embarrassing.  Now, I have a pair of cute boots that work if I have to step into mud, and still look good with nice clothes.  Woo Hoo!

Then we decided to have dinner, so we headed over to a restaurant, and spent about an hour and half people watching.  People are funny.  I love to just sit and watch them, and how they interact with each other It's actually my favorite part of Disneyland, which costs a lot more than a dinner out. 

Then we headed back to get the kids.  Totally fun date out, which concluded with Patrick discussing the history of the English language and how it differs from French and German.  Boring, I know, but I figured that I got a chick flick, 2 meals and new boots out of the deal, so I could put up with a little bit of boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment