Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24, 2012

Outside Temp: 29 F (foggy all day... stayed in the 30's most of the day)

What I cooked today:
Blueberry Muffins: I had a boxed mix for muffins, so I made them up today.  Yummm!

Soup: Not sure exactly what to call this one.  Ground beef (yes, I drained off the fat), onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage, corn, green beans and pearl barley.  Then we added some beef broth, rosemary and oregano.  We let it simmer for about a hour and half.  We had to keep adding more water, since the barley absorbed a lot of it.  It turned out great, very, very hearty.  Katie asked if I just tossed everything in the fridge... maybe...

Update:
Today was a pretty lazy day.

We had church at 1pm, which means that somewhere around noon, we had to kick everyone off computers, wake up Patrick and start getting Ryan ready. 

After church, Patrick and Allen went up to help the grandparents, and Katie went with them.  So, Connor and Ryan were home alone. 

And, since I couldn't justify spending the entire day reading trashy romance novels or playing computer games, I decided to clean up the front entry to the house.  I've decided that the most awesome thing in the world is a mud room.  But, since we don't have one, and we haven't bought the house so I can't go making structural changes (yet), I had to do with what we had.

I used some old wood 2x4 blocks and an extra shelf (that I haven't put up on any walls yet), to create a shelf area for boots and shoes.  Then I used those cool 3M hooks to put more hooks on the walls.  Then I stole a cloth bin out of Katie's room for gloves and scarves and hats.  I used another box for snow pants (the ones with bib overalls got hung up).

Now, I actually have some room to walk in the front door, without tripping over crap.  I'm hoping that it will stay somewhat picked up for at least 10 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment