Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13, 2012

Outside Temp: 31 F (it was beautiful most of the day, very windy, then we got snow...)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Pasta: I have got to get back into making real meals.  Not that pasta and burgers isn't a real meal, but it doesn't take much planning...

Update:
I brought Ryan into town today for labs.  He was very excited that they were able to get his labs off his line, rather than having to actually stick him with a needle.  Since I was there, I got a little bit of shopping done.  There is an amazing deal at Walgreens that I couldn't pass up. 

Now, we don't drink soda in our house all the time.  Not just because of the affect it has on my waistline, but also because we would drink it like water, and then be shocked because we ran out.  And I would rather drink ice tea at $0.01 per glass than soda at $0.50 per glass.

That all being said, we do like Coke every once in a while.  Normally, a 12 pack is somewhere between $4-$5, which is beyond ridiculous.  So, at Walgreens, they have this deal.  It's 3 12-packs for $10.  Then, if you spend $20, you get a coupon for $10 back.   So, if you buy 6 12-packs, you pay $20, but get $10 back.  Which makes each 12-pack less than $2 each!  Holy cow! 

Now, I have to hide the soda somewhere in the garage, so no one can find it.  Oh crap, I can't put it in the garage, it will freeze... I guess it's going in the house.  Now, if we're lucky, I won't have to buy soda for the next 3-6 months.  Oh yea.  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment