Monday, March 5, 2012

March 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 32 F (it's been in the 50's all day today)

What I cooked today:
Macaroni and Cheese: I found a recipe in Alton Brown's (yea, him, again) for Mac's and Cheese.  It has paprika and dry mustard in it, along with the milk and eggs and (of course) cheese... lots and lots of cheese.  Patrick didn't really care for the bread crumbs on the top, but he said he liked it.  I might even try it again!

Burgers: We had to have some protein to go with our pasta.  I meant to make chili, so I only defrosted 1 lb, instead of my normal 1 1/2 lbs for burgers.  It worked out okay though.  Just smaller burgers.

Update:
Ugh, waking up at 7am on a Monday just sucks.  I know, most people actually have to wake up before that, but this morning, I just didn't want to wake up.  But I did.  I'm that good.

After Ryan had his speech therapy, we came back home and he crawled up into my bed and promptly fell asleep.  Apparently, he didn't want to wake up either.

I, on the other hand, walked down to the Post Office to chat and get my mail.  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  I didn't need my jacket, but I did have to watch the ground for the puddles of melted snow.  A few spots, mostly in the shade, had mud, which can be annoying.  So, I avoided those.  After all, it kept me in the warm sun.

Katie came down with a migraine before dinner, so she crawled off to the bed while we ate.  That also meant that I was not going to make her do the dishes tonight, even though it was her turn.  Which lead to some grumbling from Connor, since he was chosen to take her place (Allen did them last night).  However, when I described that if he was sick, I would have Katie do the dishes for him.  He agreed and got over his mad (at least, he appeared to get over it... who knows how irritated he still is).



No comments:

Post a Comment