Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 7, 2012

Outside Temp: 30 F (it was beautiful today!)

What I cooked today:
Chicken Noodle Soup (without the chicken): Patrick was in the mood for soup, but I didn't have any chicken defrosted, so I just sauteed up some onions, celery and carrots and tossed in my chicken stock.  Then I added some noodles and voila, chicken noodle soup without the chicken.  It was warm and toasty.

Update:
SKI DAY!!  The kids had their ski day with the school today.  Since we had passes and equipment, we decided to go up on our own, rather than have them take the bus to school, and then take the bus up to the mountain with all their equipment.

It was also our first time with Ryan up on the mountain skiing, instead of just doing the magic carpet beginners area!

He did great and we up 3 times with Grandpa and Patrick.  I was so proud of him!  Although he still doesn't turn or do the snow plow, he still had fun and has absolutely NO FEAR!  Of course, I forgot to charge my battery in my new camera, so these were taken with my old camera, which lends a 1970's feel to the movies... Oh wait, I did that on purpose, right? 




We also had our Confirmation class at the church tonight.  Patrick and I were asked to teach the class, since there are only 4 kids, and 3 of them are ours.  We had a really good time and I think the kids enjoyed themselves.  We were able to stay on topic (enough) and still have time for discussion.  We have 7 more classes and I hope that the rest of the classes are as productive and easy as tonight's!

No comments:

Post a Comment