Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1, 2012

Outside Temp: 40's (I think...)

What I cooked today:
Nothing.  again.

Update:
(We're in Seattle today)

We got up early and got our labs from the clinic.  Then we headed over to the Seattle Aquarium.  We probably picked the aquarium because Patrick wanted to go, but we really enjoyed ourselves.  Ryan really loved watching the sea otters!

After the aquarium, we walked around downtown Seattle for lunch, and found a great deli.  The soups were homemade and I had a great sandwich.

Then we headed over to the hospital for clinic.  We met our new GI doctor and a Transplant Surgeon (although the Surgeon didn't really understand why we needed a transplant surgeon, since we probably won't be having a new transplant!).  We also met with the dietitian and nurse practitioner. 

The team is great and I think we'll work well together.  We will probably be coming back here every 3 months, or so (and any time we need a more advanced hospital).  They wanted an ultrasound of his chest, so that if we need another line, they have a study to see where available access will be.  They were able to get us in tomorrow morning, at 7:30am (yea, like in the morning... ugh), but that will allow us to head back home afterwards tomorrow morning.

After clinic, we headed out to dinner and found a Johnny Rockets (it's like a 50's diner... we had them in Southern California), which was a little nostalgic.  And after that, Patrick found a Microsoft store... You know we had to go in there.  Apparently, that was the highlight of the trip!

By the way, I've realized that I really, really don't like cities.  I decided that Seattle totally reminds me of San Francisco.  The roads are on a grid, with some one way and some two way and some are one way for a few blocks, then two way.  It's a lot of up and down roads, and we managed to figure out the roads, but it was a little challenging. 

Then, of course, was the freeway.  We haven't really been on a freeway in months.  Ugh, 4-6 lanes of bumper to bumper cars.  Who wants that?  I guess there is some physical reasons for the people to be packed together like sardines, and some of the architecture is beautiful.  But I can't want to get home to my wide open spaces!



If you look at the sky...


You can see why I thought this was hysterical! 


No comments:

Post a Comment