Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29, 2012

Outside Temp: 46 F (sunny and beautiful all day...)

What I cooked today:
Chicken Soup: Dinner was late tonight, and I tossed in lentils into the chicken stock (with veggies) before I realized I was already putting in chicken (I diced up a chicken breast and sauteed it first).  I should have cooked it a little longer, but it was still good.

Update:
Parent teacher conferences tonight.  The kids are all doing well in school, although I had to get on Allen's case for getting a B+ in math.  It totally should have been an A (yes, I am one of those parents).  He did do an awesome project in Shop class.  He made a fish out of wood, stained it and sanded it down.  I was pretty impressed!

I also found out that my fingerprints were rejected... because they were too smudged (not because of a wild night in Mexico during college).  I had to go back into Stanford to the Sheriff's office and get re-fingerprinted.  It's amazing; they make it look so easy on TV to fingerprint someone, but it's actually really hard.  I could not relax my hand enough and it took about 20 tries before we decided it might work.  Oh goodness, I am praying that it gets through okay.

Tomorrow is Allen's Geography Bee in Billings, which means we have a very long day ahead of us.  The other kids will be hanging out at the grandparents place, so they don't have to make the 3+ hours into Billings and the 3+ hours back home. 

Allen is pretty nervous, mostly because an article came out in the paper today about the Bee.  He made the front page, which is stinking awesome.  I love it out here.  But I have to make sure next time that I check his interview answers before it goes to press... there were a few things he got wrong, but I think he did okay.  I just hope that he doesn't get so nervous tomorrow that he messes up.  He really wants to make his school proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment