Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 8, 2012

Outside Temp: 43 F (it was a little cloudy today, which makes seeing the 'northern lights' a little difficult)

What I cooked today:
Chili and Cornbread: Even though it was warm today, I was in the mood for something warm for dinner... Chili hit the spot!

Update:
So, I forgot to mention that on our ski trip yesterday, Patrick managed to fall.  No, I'm not sure you can call it just 'falling'.  He really fell.  Badly.  He probably bruised his rib, if he managed not to crack it.  And while I have never bruised or cracked a rib, I've heard it's quite painful.  Needless to say, he's been a little uncomfortable all day.  Big baby.  It's better tonight than it was last night, so I figure it's just a lot of heat and rest and aspirin.

Allen was a little sick today.  I'm not sure if it was over-exertion from skiing too hard yesterday, or if he was just coming down with a flu, but he spent most of the day in bed.  When he did get up and try to play with Ryan, it only lasted a few minutes before he had to sit back down and rest.  Hopefully, he'll feel better tomorrow.

When I went into school with Ryan, I was approached by our Superintendent, who asked me to get fingerprinted and TB tested, so I could help out with substitute teaching!  I am so excited!  And, while I don't have an education degree or anything that formal, I did home school my own kids for 5 years, so I guess that's a little bit of experience.  And I love that I can do something to help out the school.  (and there's that other little thing about getting paid for working, which I haven't done in years!) 

I also talked with someone at the school about teaching an Adult Education class on Microsoft Office, especially Access and Excel.  I think they are great tools and since everyone around here does 2-3 different jobs, I'm sure there are cases in which a database or spreadsheet might make their lives a little easier!

Patrick and I are discussing our housing situation and we've decided to look into actually purchasing the place we are renting.  I can hear the groans from my mother from here.  But I think we know what works and what doesn't in this place.  And it is a roof over our heads.  And the price is really good.  Now, we just need to figure out how to make the financing part of it work.   Most importantly, I think we really feel good being here, and I think we're ready to make that a little more permanent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment