Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 18, 2012

Outside Temp: 29 F (The day started out nice, in the mid 40's, then the storm came in... it's been snowing since 5ish and now there's about 2-3 inches on the ground!)

What I cooked today:
Orange Chicken: It is always nice to have a meal in which all the pans are scraped clean, and the kids are still asking for more... ALL my kids love this dish, and with the fried rice on the side, they were all so excited.  I've altered the recipe a little and I had dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.  Amazing!

Update:
I decided today that my boys have been spending way too much time fighting over the computer.  Allen woke up at about 5am yesterday, just so he could play his game without having to fight over computer time.

So, around noon, I decided we would head over to the local school gym and play basketball.  Yes, me, playing basketball.  Which, I'd like to point out, prior to moving up here, I had no idea how to play other than that the ball goes into the basket. 

The school a block from our house is a small 2 room schoolhouse, with an indoor gym.  One of the (extremely nice) ladies let us borrow the key, and we were able to play for a few hours.  At one point, while huffing and puffing my way down the court, I asked the boys if this was better than playing video games.  They actually said yes!  Woo Hoo!  Good mom!

Afterwards, Patrick borrowed the Grandparent's truck to take our garbage to the dump.  So, Ryan and I joined him.  We decided to head over to Grandma's family ranch afterwards, to see if our Uncle was there with his cows, and calves.  He wasn't (probably watching the basketball game), but we did see a his cows.  Some of them had already calved, and their little calves were following them around.  So Cute!!   The other cows weren't quite sure what to make of us, but after about 30 minutes, they were a little more comfortable and friendly. 




Of course, by then, the storm had rolled in and it started raining, so we headed back home.  By the time we got to the Grandparent's place, it was snowing.  I LOVE the weather around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment