Friday, March 9, 2012

March 9, 2012

Outside Temp: 40 F (it was in the 60's today!  Oh my!)

What I cooked today:
Not much: Since it is a Friday during Lent, I decided that we would have very simple meals.  Lunch was tomato soup and dinner was pasta, with butter.  I feel mildly guilty for the ice cream I had for desert, but not that guilty.

Update:
Patrick spent a hour and half in the morning chatting with our priest.  We really, really like our local priest and he and Patrick get along very well. 

Afterwards, Patrick went into town with the Grandparents and Allen to see John Carter.  Patrick read the book years ago, and Allen recently read it.  Allen complained that it moved plot items around and wasn't nearly as good as the book.  I could have told him that, even without reading the book OR seeing the movie... the movie is never as good as the book!

Katie, Connor and I went into Stanford tonight to watch the Elementary Girls Basketball game.  Four of the players on our team are in either Connor's or Allen's class, so we felt an attachment to the team.  The girls won and did so well!  I was pretty impressed at how well they played.  Perhaps the referee let a few traveling calls pass, but since the kids are 5th-7th grade, I guess that's okay.

Dinner was interesting, as we discussed IQ tests.  At some point, we started discussing what our best strengths are and here are what the kids came up with:

Allen is good at Geography
Connor is good at writing stories
Katie is good at Math
Patrick is good at Computers

and I am good at putting up with Patrick.

Ahhh, it's great that my kids see my strengths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment