Friday, March 2, 2012

March 2, 2012

Outside Temp: 30 F (really windy, so it feels colder)

What I cooked today:
I miss cooking...

Update:
Woo Hoo!  We're home!

The clinic was able to get us in for a 7:30am appointment for an ultrasound, so we were able to get out of Seattle by 9 (PST).  So awesome!

The drive was long, but we had a lot to talk about.  In fact, it wasn't until we were about 30 minutes from home that I had to start coming up with new topics to discuss.  We made it home by a little after 10 (MST), which included both a sitdown breakfast AND dinner!  Just a quick hop, skip and jump across 3 states and over 3 passes (chains were required for trucks over 10,000lbs, traction tires recommended).  All 3 passes had snow, and it was really beautiful. 

We have been talking about starting a hydroponic greenhouse for a few weeks, and I think we might have come up with some great ideas on this trip.  I think we'll start with strawberries and maybe tomatoes.  I can can the tomatoes and make jelly out of the strawberries (assuming we don't just eat everything), and it will be a fun project!

Mostly, we are just so glad to be home, in our own beds.  The trip to Seattle was productive, but short.  I'm hoping that next time we can spend more time.  I think the city has a lot to offer, and we could have some fun there!  As long as we get to come home to our wide open spaces when we're all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment