Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20, 2012

Outside Temp: 40 F (A little chilly this morning, but mostly in the 30's most of the day)

What I cooked today:
Walnut Chicken: I've needed to go into town for ground beef for the last week.  I have 1 package left, so I used up the last of my chicken tonight.  Ugh, that means I don't have any chicken either.  I knew I should have picked up chicken 2 weeks ago when chicken was on sale.  Anyway, the family liked the dinner and it all got eaten up.  It seems that whenever I make Chinese chicken, with fried rice, everyone eats it all.  Perhaps I should learn something from that.  But, it will get very, very old fast if I made it every night!

Update:
With all the snow yesterday, we were unable to get our car out of the driveway, to get the kids to the post office to get the bus.  So, we got up a few minutes early, and walked.  Two blocks.  To catch the bus.

Now, I know, 2 blocks doesn't sound like much.  But I'd like to point out that a few of the drifts were over 2 feet high.  (not that we were trudging through that for 2 blocks, but it was about 200 feet.) And Katie is only 4ft 4 (or so).  So, we walked in a line, with Allen being the lead and finding all the really big holes.  Me in second, holding Katie's hand.  There were a few places where she barely could get her leg out of the hole and into the next.  Connor took the last position, so he could help Katie if she fell.

Amazingly, it only took us about 10 minutes to get there. 

The best part was that as I was walking home, after making sure they got safely on the bus, I heard the snow plow start up.  Typical. 

Patrick and I spent about a 1/2 hour shoveling our drive this afternoon, so that I could get the car out to get Ryan into school.  Then, a neighbor came by and plowed the rest of our driveway for us!  So cool!

We dropped Ryan off, and headed into Stanford, so I could get my TB test (required to substitute teach).  We spent about an hour chatting with the nurse there, as I should have expected.  It seems that the people here are so nice, that we (especially Patrick) can't help but chat, for hours!

On the way back, there were about 3 cars in the ditch, from running off the road.  And, of course, the jack-knifed big rig... all in a 15 mile stretch between the school and Stanford.  Fortunately, I love our snow tires and we didn't have any problems.

Once we got home, Grandpa stopped by to pick up the kids for sledding.  There were some complaints that the snow was too icy, but fun just the same.  One of the drifts was quite high, and the kids dug out a section, then added an ice cave.  Too fun!


Katie, hanging out in the ice cave.


The drifts were taller than Ryan! 


Awesome brother Connor, always helping out!


Not bad for a Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment