Saturday, September 29, 2012

September 29, 2012

Outside Temp: 54 F (I thought that it might rain, but nothing came of it.. perhaps a few sprinkles, but nothing to write home about!)

What I cooked today:
Mexican Quiche: I needed to make something with all the eggs we have, so I have this quiche.  Unfortunately, the kids don't really like it.  Oh well, at least I made something.

Update:
The problem with having a schedule during the week, is that on Saturday, your body still wakes up the normal time... Which saw me open my eyes and look at the clock at about 6:42am, wondering what was wrong with me.  Ugh, I've been tired all day, and I'm blaming my early eye opening time.  Of course, I did close them again, and sleep for another hour or two, but still...

Once all the kids were up, I requested that they assist me in cleaning up some of the house... not all of it, but some.  Amazingly, they didn't really complain and we did get the computer area of the house cleaned and vacuumed, along with the dishes and some laundry.  I have a lot of laundry, so I didn't expect to get through all of it, but I did accomplish about 5 loads, so I can't complain.  Perhaps tomorrow, I can get through more of it.  Of course, by then, I'll have more laundry added to the pile.  I hate laundry.

Grandma was making some new beans for dinner, so we all headed up there after church to chat and have dinner.  I love it when someone else (always Grandma) makes dinner, because it means I don't have to!  They even spoiled us with ice cream for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment