Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3, 2012

Outside Temp: 50 F (the low was 33 last night... which caused me to wake up around 4am and put extra blankets on everyone's beds... and close the windows... hmmm)

What I cooked today:
Chicken and Fried Rice: Yea, no burgers!  Even I was getting sick of burgers.  Of course, I messed up the chicken by rushing and not shaking the chicken in cornstarch.  This caused the fluid to essentially boil the chicken, where as the cornstarch would have soaked up the fluid and made a kind of crust around the chicken, sealing in the moisture.  Oh well, I just have to remember that this one little step makes a difference!

Update:
Allen went up to help the Grandparents move rocks today.  I'm not sure exactly what that means, but apparently, he moved a lot of rocks.  It seems that everyone told him that moving rocks was good for your muscles, but by the end of the day, he was ready to smack the next person who said it.  I guess I can understand that!

The rest of us just sat around and played games and watched TV.  It was a little unfair (considering the amount of work that Allen was doing), but we didn't really care.  I did a ton of laundry, and we cleaned up the house a little, but otherwise, it was a very nice, lazy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment