Saturday, September 15, 2012

September 15, 2012

Outside Temp: 55 F (it was less than 80 today, which is perfect.  It was still a little smoky, but not as bad as yesterday.)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Pasta: I asked Allen what he wanted for his birthday, and he asked for burgers and pasta.  No complaints from me, since it was so easy!  Woo hoo!

Brownies: I asked Allen if he wanted a cake or brownies, and he said he's rather have brownies.  If only I could remember how to make them... They turned out a little crispy on the edges, but not too bad. 

Update:
Happy 14th birthday to my oldest.  Which means that he can get his learner's permit in 6 more months.  I can't even imagine him driving, but I guess every parent has to deal with this feeling.  And, at least there are less cars on the road here than in that place we used to live.  Although there are more deer.

Today was a busy day of sports!  Allen had a game at 10 in Stanford, which meant that we were up and moving at 8am.  I was able to stop over at the Farmer's Market and pick up some rolls and nectarines, which were really good.  They had some really pretty jewelry, but I chose not to get anything this time... maybe next time.

After Allen's game, we had lunch in Stanford and then headed home.  Only to jump back in the car an hour later to bring Katie to her game.  Yes, if we had been thinking, we could have brought Katie's game clothes to Allen's game, and then we wouldn't have had to run back and forth.  Oh well, it meant that I got an hour nap, so I had no complaints.

Katie's game was over by 4ish, so we headed back home, to get ready for church.

Amazingly, I totally forgot to get out my camera with either game, so I have no pictures.  But we have another home game for each next week, so I will make sure to get pictures next time.  Right now, I'm just looking forward to sleeping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment