Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 25, 2012

Outside Temp: 53 F (another beautiful day... not too hot, not too cold.. )

What I cooked today:
Nothing... I wasn't home enough to cook.

Update:
I got to sub for the English teacher again today.  It was actually kind of neat to have the same classes two days in a row.  I even got to do 'Library' duty for the 3rd and 4th graders.  Which means that I saw practically everyone in the school (except the K-2nd and 5th/6th). 

During one English class, the students were requested to read articles by Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.  They were then asked to compare the context of each author.  The funny part was the incorporation of history into English.  If the students didn't know who Gandhi or Mandela were, or where they lived, or what problems they had in their lives, how could they possibly describe the context of the author's writing?  Which, as you would expect from me, turned the English class into a History class.  I think I bored them silly, but it was fun just the same.

After school, I raced over to Denton to watch Allen play his football game.  They won, 30-something to 6.  Allen got to play most of the second half, and by the end, he was exhausted.  It almost seemed like the entire team was playing in slow motion.  But, they still did great and we were really proud.

The last time I was in Denton was during a snow storm for a basketball game.  It was the most terrifying 1 1/2 hours of my life, the drive home from Denton.  I'm really glad that the roads were clear and the sun was still up for this drive home!

No comments:

Post a Comment