Friday, September 7, 2012

September 7, 2012

Outside Temp: 50 F (it was almost freezing this morning, 33, and it got up to 80!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... Grandma and Grandpa got a new bar-b-que today, so we went up there for dinner.  Sometimes, it takes a while to learn how to make a new device work well.  But, with a little extra time on the stove, the meat was moist and delicious!  And Grandma paired it with corn and tater tots and beans... Could you ask for more?

Update:
I have finally finished my training at the post office!  The funny part is that my work there will be only a relief, which means I only have to work if the regular postmistress can't make it.  Which means that I probably won't be working much... perhaps a little around Christmas and maybe during the winter when the snows are bad.  And, since it may be a month or 2 before I work again, I'm sure things will change between now and then.  Which means that some of my training will have been useless.  Oh well, I guess that's how it works! 

Katie would have had a Volleyball game today in Melstone (which is about 3 hours away, one way!!), but, since she's young (and inexperienced), she asked if she could skip it.  Yea!  If she had gone, she would have left school around noon and wouldn't have been home until about midnight!  I was so grateful that her coach let her out of the game.  I can imagine for Varsity or perhaps College sports, but she's only in 5th grade! 

We are 'dog sitting' for one of our neighbors, and Katie has become very attached to the 12 year old black lab.  Of course, she (the dog) has arthritis and other medical issues, as she's old and that's just what happens.  But, Katie has never had a pet get old on her.  The cats we had in CA all got eaten by coyotes, so she never saw them old.  I'm sure this will be a good life lesson for her, but it's hard in the 'during' stage. 

Tomorrow should be a slightly relaxing day.  I have to process 20 lbs of peaches and can them, along with roasting peppers and canning them.  But, other than that, I should be bored... I hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment