Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19, 2012

Outside Temp: 50 F (it was warm enough to need the A/C in the car, but not so hot that we needed it in the house.  I take that as a win.)

What I cooked today:
Nothing... to busy.

Update:
Allen was feeling well enough to go to school, although I'm sure there was some debate from the other students and teachers.  He was still coughing, but said he was glad he went, since he would have hated to miss another day of school. 

He even attempted to go to Football practice.  He didn't participate in the practice, but was able to listen to the coach, as they went over new plays.  He said that he will go again tomorrow, because he misses too much when he stayed home.  I love how dedicated he is!  He seemed to be feeling better this evening, so I dosed him with some NyQuil, and he should be better by the morning.

I spent the morning in town, doing my weekly shopping.  This weekend is Homecoming, so I'll be spending most of Friday and Saturday at the school, which doesn't leave much time for shopping.  And, somehow, I still made it back in time to get to our Web Design class. 

When I got home, Patrick let me know that one of my amazing friends had left me some raw honey.  A lot of the ranches out here have bees, so they apparently have lots of raw honey, just taking up space.  We now have 2 jugs of it!  I'm so excited.  Of course, I have no idea what to do with it now, but I'm excited just the same.  (I've heard that you heat it up, and you can use it just like regular processed honey... we'll see.)

And, I got to top off my evening with an amazing group of women at our book club!  This month's book was kind of hard for me to get into, mostly because I was so busy, I couldn't really find the time to read.  I didn't get all the way finished, so I had to get the ending from the girls.  I asked if I could keep the book for an extra day, so I could finish it.  The funny part is that I didn't really like the book, but I have this problem where once I start a book, I really, really want to finish it.  Just one of my many little quirks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment