Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May 9, 2012

Outside Temp: 57 F (it was almost 80 again today... I miss the snow...)

What I cooked today:
nothing... no time!

Update:
Allen, Connor and Kathryn are now fully Confirmed in the Catholic Church!  Yea!  As I explained when one of them asked, "Now, when you get married, you can get married in the Catholic Church!"... I felt like that mother from My Big Fat Greek Wedding...

The service was beautiful and the Bishop came out from Great Falls to preside over the mass.  Allen was asked to do a reading (which he did really well!) and I was asked to be one of the Eucharistic Ministers, which I found to be a great honor. 

The kids were asked to select Patron Saints, and they each spent some time in the last few weeks making their selections.  Kathryn chose St. Catherine of Alexandria, (as she says) because she was really smart.  Connor chose St. Thomas Aquinas, because he was a great writer.  And Allen chose St. John Chrysostom, because he was a great speaker and teacher.  Leave it to my kids not to choose the obvious choices!

After the mass, there was a reception, where we got to eat and chat (which is always awesome).  Patrick's mom's brothers were there (I still can't believe one of them drove all the way over from Missoula just for our Confirmation!), along with Aunts and Uncles.  It was so great to have an excuse to see the family!

I get to substitute again tomorrow and Friday, so I'm totally tired and can't wait to crawl into bed.  It was a great day, but I'm kind of glad that it's over and done... Does that make me bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment