Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4, 2012

Outside Temp: 47 F (While the weatherman said there was a chance of rain, it was beautiful all day... Of course, at the end of the day, the clouds started moving in...  Then a few little drops...)

What I cooked today:
Take Home Pizza:  I took Allen out to dinner after his meet, so I had to make something for the rest of the  family.  I picked up a 'bake at home' pizza, which worked out fine... I felt absolutely no guilt.

Update:
I got to sub again today, which was great.  By now, the kids all know me, and we get along great.  And I've started to understand how things are done. 

At the end of the day, I watched a movie with the JH kids (who were not at the meet).  We all go so into the movie, that we had to stay an extra 5-10 minutes after school, to make sure we watched the end of the movie.  Even though I didn't see the first 3/5 of the movie, it was still good!

After school, I raced Katie and Connor home and then raced to Allen's track meet.  The meet was in Centerville, which is about 30 minutes from the house.  I told him it was one of the only meets I would go to, since it was so close (I'm just a lazy mom).

I loved being able to cheer on the team.  It reminded me of my days on the swim team in high school, where the best part was being able to cheer on my teammates. 

I missed Allen's first few events, but I caught his running.  He did the 100m, 200m AND the 400m.  For the 100m, he came in second in his heat, which was a personal best.  He had never done the 400m (all the way around the track), and he came in 5th in his heat, also a personal best, since he'd never done it before!  For the 200m (which was after the 400m), he also made a new personal best!



I was so totally proud of him!  It also gave me a chance to talk to a few other parents around the meet, which I love!

Afterwards, since he did so well, I spoiled him with dinner at the 3D (it's an awesome Mongolian Grill with unlimited food!).  Of course, I had to ask permission from Patrick, who was none too happy about me going there without him.  But he grudgingly agreed, as long as I brought him back pizza (which doesn't even begin to compare to the food at the 3D). 

No comments:

Post a Comment