Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 45 F (It was in the 70's today... beautiful!!)

What I cooked today:
Eggs for breakfast: I was good this morning and offered to make breakfast... no cold cereal for at least one of my kids.  Allen actually ate 7 scrambled eggs for breakfast.  Which left none for me or anyone else.  Oh well, I guess cold cereal isn't that bad.

No dinner: I admit, I was a lazy mom.  Patrick and I munched on cheese and crackers and I just didn't feel like making dinner.  So, the family was on their own.   Sandwiches or hot dogs or more cold cereal.  I think they survived.

Update:
We saw the Avengers today... woo hoo!  Yes, the place was packed and I think it was the only movie that anyone actually saw today.  I have no idea what other movies there were playing. 

It was great!  I really enjoyed it.  We went with Grandma and Grandpa, which meant that we had to split up (oh yea, like we could get 8 seats... together?)  I admit, I don't know much about the Marvel universe, although I have seen Iron Man, Thor and Captain America (I missed the Hulk).  Ahhh, Thor... He's nice. 

Anyway, I thought it was great.  I mean, it was a standard super hero movie, but there was some thought and emotion thrown into all the completely unrealistic battle sequences.  I loved all the one-liners.  In fact, Ryan is currently in his room, repeating a few of them (You have an Army... We have a Hulk!).  And I'm glad we got to see it.

Afterwards, we went shopping, then made it back for church.  The homily tonight was great... all about love and goodness and looking for the goodness in others as a sign of love.  And, by looking for the good in others, you help them to be good.  So, perhaps I'm not just naive about other people... maybe I've been doing it right all this time.  Who knew?

After church, Patrick and I sat on our back porch and watched the sunset, with Ryan running around the yard, picking dandelions and blowing them across the yard.  For us, everything is right with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment