Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012

Outside Temp: 50 F (Very pretty today... a little overcast)

What I cooked today:
Chicken Kiev: Patrick really wanted the chicken I made the other night.  I was lazy and didn't do the bread crumbs, which would have made it awesome.  As it was, it turned out just fine and everyone said it was great. 

Update:
I got to go into Geyser today to pick up some chicken feed.  Apparently, our chickens are actually pigs!  Wow, do they eat a lot!  We headed out to check their feed last night, and the 40 lb bag that we picked up two weeks ago was empty.  So, rather than head into Great Falls to get chicken feed, I called over to the Geyser Mercantile.  I LOVE supporting the guys here, since not only are they totally nice and convenient and fun to talk to, but their prices are awesome!

So, our chickens are still alive and doing well.  And now, they have food, so one less thing to worry about.  I'm still psyching myself up for next week (or perhaps the week after), when we have to slaughter the two remaining Cornish Roasters.  They are getting so big and fat, they waddle around and have to sit down to eat.  Most of the time, you can find them sitting with their face in the food.  I figure that as soon as they are gone, we won't have to spend as much on food!

Patrick and I have both been working hard.  He has two different contracts that he's been working on, and I've been working on the school's website.  It should be up soon (I hope) and I'll get to show it off to the staff on Thursday.  I have a bunch of features that I'm thinking about adding, to make it easier to maintain and use for the staff.  At least it will give me something to work on over the summer!

Tomorrow is the last day of school, which means the kids were willing to go to bed tonight.  I still got a few complaints, about going to sleep when it's still light out, but over all, they handled it well.  I'm just looking forward to NOT waking up at 7am every stinking day.  Woo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment