Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 20, 2012

Outside Temp: mid 50's?  In Seattle... (It was raining when we left Raynesford, but Grandpa said it cleared and then warmed up... which it would have to do unless it wanted to start snowing... )

What I cooked today:
Nothing... driving, all day... We really miss home cooked food..

Update:
We drove over to Seattle today.  It's about a 10 hour drive, but when you take into account stops, we settled into the room about 11 1/2 hours after we left Montana.

The drive was great.  I know, it sounds funny, but I really enjoy the long drives.  Okay, honestly, about 7 1/2 hour into it, we were both ready to get here.  But the first few hours were great.

We got a new philosophy/political science book from our priest (I know, funny, but if you knew the guy, you'd understand), so I read aloud so that we could discuss.  It was a pretty hard read, but we managed okay.  It would have been a lot easier if I knew Greek and Latin. 

Of course, with Patrick and I, we had to stop every 2-3 sentences to discuss what I just read.  The 'Forward' was about 5 pages, and it took us about 2 hours to get though that.  It was really interesting, and I really enjoyed it, but man, does it take a long time. 

We got about 4 pages into the 'Introduction' before we decided to give it a rest.  It's really intense, and you really need to think about what you are reading.

When we came out to Seattle last time, it was snowing and winter.  Now, it's Spring, and everything is green and beautiful.  We got some beautiful pictures of the Cascade Mountain Range and Mount Rainier.  Unfortunately, our Internet connection at the hotel will not allow me to upload them.  Not sure why, but I'll make sure I do it soon! 

Clinic will be tomorrow, so hopefully, all will go well.  The kids and Grandma are on their way home (they are somewhere in the middle of Utah right now, I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment