Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012

Outside Temp: 51 F (a little cooler today, and breezy.  A few scattered showers this evening.  Oh gosh, I sound like a weatherman.)

What I cooked today:
Scrambled Eggs with green chilies: I wanted to make breakfast, but scrambled eggs are getting a little boring, so I decided to liven it up a little.  Patrick loved it, saying it reminded him of my Mexican quiche, but didn't take 50 minutes to cook!  Always a good thing.

Chicken Soup: It was a little chilly tonight, so we decided on soup.  With no kids to complain, it was a really good choice.  I added some Greek seasoning, lemon juice and Orzo.  Yummy!

Update:
Ryan had speech therapy in Stanford today, so at 10am, he and I jumped in the car and headed over to the Library.  It's really convenient, since then I can chat with the librarian or just pick out new books.  I've already gone through two of the books she recommended, and I'm half way through a third.  It's awesome, since she seems to have some great suggestions!

Afterwards, both Patrick and I spent the day working on our respective projects.  And Ryan took a little nap, since he was up so early. 

We are starting to plan our trip out to Seattle on Wednesday.  We'll be gone Wednesday through Friday for a clinic visit at Seattle Children's.  It's only a 10 hour drive, so we should be fine.  Hopefully, we'll both be done enough with our projects to be able to go, without stressing out. 

The kids should be back by the time we get home on Friday.  It will be so good to see them.  It's amazing how boring it is around here without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment