Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 59 F (Fluffy clouds and beautiful today... in the low 70's!)

What I cooked today:
Lasagna: To be perfectly honest, I didn't assemble the lasagna.  Either I forgot to buy lasagna noodles, or Patrick ate them, but after I started the meat, I realized I didn't have noodles.  But, Grandma had some at her place.  So, I made the meat sauce and the cheese mixture and sent them up there for Grandma to assemble and bake.  They said it was good, and only left me a bite or two.  Oh well, my family got fed, and it wasn't burgers!

Update:
I had to pull over on the road to Geyser today, so take this picture.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  The cloud structure was huge and at the bottom was a beautiful rainbow.  It was so bright!  I really wish I could take pictures that could accurately convey how amazing it is up here.



This morning I woke up with the ambition to mow the lawn.  We got the mower a few weeks ago, but I haven't used it yet.  I haven't actually mowed a lawn since our first house, and even then, I only mowed once or twice.  But, this is a riding mower, so it's a heck of a lot more useful than my old gas push mower.  Of course, since I haven't ever used the mower, I didn't have a really good idea of how wide the cutting blade was, or the turn radius.  Needless to say, there are more than a few places on the lawn that I missed or cut badly.  But, for my first time, it wasn't a bad try.  After all, now I can only get better!

After mowing the lawn, Patrick, Grandma and I went over to the Raynesford Community Center for the blood drive.  I haven't donated blood in years.  Fortunately, I have not problem donating blood.  Patrick and I were competing with each other as we went along.  My hemoglobin was better, but his blood pressure was better.  But, I really got him on the time.  I had my entire pint done in about 5 1/2 minutes, which is really fast.  He took over 7 minutes... lazy veins.  It was a great chance to chat with the neighbors, which is always great.  And do a good deed, which is also good!

After that, I raced over to book club.  We read a book this month on Guernsey (which is an island in the English Channel, between France and England) and the German occupation during WWII.  It was a really great book, that described an event that most of us had never thought of.  My memory of High School history's version of WWII was: Nazi's were bad.  Japan was bad.  We bombed them.  Yea, we are good.  We didn't really discuss the actual history and how people existed during this time.  I love being able to discuss books with other women and get their opinions.  And the food was awesome! 

1 comment:

  1. I thought there was a teenage boy to mow the lawn? Remember that riding lawnmower is his car.

    ReplyDelete