Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 28, 2012

Outside Temp: 58 F (it was in the high 80's again today.  But it didn't bother us much.  Cooled off nicely tonight)

What I cooked today:
Burgers and Tater Tots: We didn't even start dinner until after 9pm, since we had other stuff we were doing.  So, I went with the old standby, which worked out fine.  Boy, does everyone love tater tots in my family!

Update:
A nice relaxing day.  Nothing really to do (okay, so we had to work a little, but we found out our 'deadline' got pushed until Monday, so we felt a little less pressure).

With the Supreme Court stuff going on today, we had lots of discussion.  And for those who know us, you know that discussions around our house become entire family affairs.  So, we spent a few hours discussing the Health Care law with the kids, and asked their opinions on both the law, and the decision.  Of course, their opinions are close to our own (as I would expect, since we're the ones who are teaching them).  But, I love that they didn't have too much problem understanding the process and how it affects up.  They also had some great insights on consequences of the law.

This evening, Allen and Katie played with some of the neighborhood kids, which was awesome.  It also gave me a chance to chat, which I always love.  Of course, it meant that we weren't home for dinner until after 9pm, but it was still light out, so it doesn't really matter.

We are also still having problems with our septic tank.  The shower is backing up, so, we thought we would try snaking the tank past the break that we already know about.  Which involves lifting the lid on the septic tank.  Ewwwww.  Totally gross. 

We tried snaking the main line, and, while we found a few narrowings, we're not sure if we helped the situation.  I think it's time to attempt to dig up the line and try to fix it.  Ugh, I really don't want to do this.  But, I guess it's all part of the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment