Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15, 2012

Outside Temp: 46 F (it was in the high 60's-ish today, and absolutely exquisite.  Of course, I spent the entire day inside working, so I didn't get to enjoy it!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing: I think Patrick and I munched on hot dogs and pop tarts and cereal and bananas and popcorn and ice cream all day.  With no kids, I really don't feel the inclination to make a meal.  But that's okay, popcorn is a grain, and ice cream is a dairy and hot dogs (they're Hebrew National) count as a protein...

Update:
The kids made it to California safely with only a few threats from Grandma about leaving them on the side of the road.  Their vacation plans are packed with Sea World and the Del Mar Fair and hiking and maybe even the beach.  They are only there for 4 days, so it will be exhausting!

Patrick and I just stayed home and worked, all stinking day.  This project that we are working on has been promised to our client by Monday, which means that we will be sitting in the stupid computer chairs, eating popcorn and hot dogs for the next 3 days!

Grandpa was kind enough to come rescue Ryan from us, and bring him up to help plant beans today.  I think he had a really great time, since he fell asleep around 6:30 this evening. 

I did get Ryan's room all cleaned and organized (although it could use a good carpet cleaning) and Ryan was thrilled with his new clean room.  I even moved his bed around, so he has a new arrangement.  The worst part was picking up all 4,326 Lego's on the floor, under the bed, under the end stand, in the closet, on the window sill, etc.  I hate Lego's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment