Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012

Outside Temp: 56 F (it was warm today, in the 80's.  But not too bad... At least it was a dry heat... hehehe)

What I cooked today:
Chinese Chicken: Since I did burgers last night, I decided to do chicken.  Of course, I forgot that I ran out of sherry, so I couldn't make my normal Chinese chicken.  It just ended up being chicken with soy sauce and sesame seed oil.  They still ate it all up, so I guess it wasn't too bad!

Update:
Busy day today!

We headed over to Stanford to get hair cuts.  Patrick got all cleaned up (since his beard was making him look like a mountain man) and the boys needed to get trimmed up.  In between hair cuts, I took the kids over to the library.  Connor picked out about 4 books, Katie picked 2, Allen picked up 2 and Ryan picked up a new movie.  I love our library in Stanford!  It's small and cozy and yet they have all the books that the kids would want to read!

At the barber shop, they had fireworks, to purchase for the 4th of July.  I love the idea of buying them in Stanford, instead of Great Falls, so that we support the local guys.  Of course, we went a little crazy (as you would expect, since in CA, we couldn't have fireworks anyway).  So, for the rest of the day, Ryan kept asking if we could play with the firecrackers.  Yea, that wasn't going to happen. 

After we got back from Stanford, Allen and Connor went over to the Belt Pool with the neighbor kids.  Connor said he needed to practice a little more, since he didn't feel comfortable in the deep end.  But Allen said he did great.  He also commented that apparently, some of the kids in Belt knew who he was.  He was pleasantly surprised by that.  They had a great time and are already asking to go again!

While they were gone, Patrick and I worked a little.  But, we are both getting burned out on the whole 'working' thing.  I'm looking forward to next week.  My mom will be in town, so we'll be going out each day, checking out all the 'Montana' things.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment