Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 57 F (Rainy and Thunder and Lightning... Awesome!!)

What I cooked today:
Connor's Birthday Cake (with homemade Butter cream Frosting): I have decided that those boxed cakes that I get on sale, aren't really worth it.  Patrick said the frosting was awesome, but the cake was lame.  Oh well, it was a cake and I made it.

Steak: I wanted to spoil Connor with steak for his birthday.  Usually, I'll make about 3 8oz steaks and slice them into strips.  But I was hungry and I knew that at least 2 of the males in the family would be able to eat a lot, so I made 5 8oz steaks.  I've finally figured out how to make the steaks on my stove and oven, which is pretty cool.  They all turned out nicely medium-rare, just like everyone likes it.  I even paired it with broccoli, which was a nice little extra.

Update:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CONNOR!! Wow, 11 years old!  Amazing.

We spoiled him rotten today with his birthday present.  For anyone who has talked with Connor in the last few months, what he really wanted was a laptop, so he could bring his stories with him whenever we have to go somewhere. 

We have been looking at the Asus Tablet with the keyboard for a while, and we made the decision that it would work for him.  It's really light, and portable.  The tablet part has some pretty cool games and he can view his YouTube or Netflix movies.  And with the keyboard, he can write.  I really hope that it will work out for him.  And that he'll share with his siblings!

We also had some awesome weather tonight... thunder and lightning and some amazing clouds.  I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment