Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Outside Temp: Not sure, but it was in the high 80's today.  Supposed to be cooler later this week.

What I cooked today:
Nothing.  I worked today.  I'm not sure how working mom's actually cook anything.

Update:
Happy 10th Birthday to my beautiful daughter, Katie! 

Today was my first day of training for the USPS.  I've accepted a job as a relief postmaster, so I can help out the post office when they need a relief person (i.e. when the snow is so high, they can't make it in!)

In the last 15 years, since college, I have been a consultant and homeschooled my kids.  Which means that I haven't had to work in a regular office, with normal people (my husband doesn't count), in years.  Lots and lots of years. 

And, working for the federal government isn't exactly like a normal job in the private sector.  I'm not sure what I expected, but it was interesting.  I'm sure there is some confidentiality thing I signed or agreed to, so I can't actually talk about the training.  But I did have to be in Great Falls at 8am (like, in the morning), which means I was up and dressed and out of the house at 7:15am.

Then, I had to stay awake and pay attention until 5pm!  Oh my goodness, I don't know how people do this every stinking day.  It wasn't awful, but I'm not looking forward to the next 4 days.

On a better note, Katie has been asking to have her birthday dinner at the 3D in Great Falls for the last few months.  In fact, I think it's all that she really wanted for her birthday.  So, Grandma and Grandpa brought the family into town and I met them at the restaurant for her birthday dinner. 

We had a great meal and she even got ice cream (which is always a good thing!).

2 comments:

  1. too bad your camera quit working :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, the camera works fine, when I remeber to pull it out of my purse and use it. Amazingly, camera's don't automatically take pictures for you, when memorable events happen. Jeez... I thought we were in the 21st century! :)

    ReplyDelete