Friday, August 3, 2012

August 3, 2012

Outside Temp: 53 F (it was a PERFECT day to go to the fair!  It was in the high 60's, low 70's, with a few droplets of rain... I couldn't have asked for better weather today!)
What I cooked today:
Nothing... we spent the day eating "fair food", so no cooking for me!

Update:
Montana State Fair!  Woo hoo! 
Ryan has never been to a fair before, so this was a great experience for us!  We spent the money on the wrist bands, so the kids got to go on unlimited rides for 4 hours.  Of course, we realized 2 minutes into the fair, that we actually needed a 5th wristband, for one of the adults to go on the rides with Ryan.

Patrick started out with the wristband, but after the 'Starship' (which is the ride that spins really fast, and you stand up, and the centrifugal force makes you rise up to the top), he realized that he couldn't ride the rides the way he did as a child.  He suffers from motion sickness, and the rides were just not working out for him.  So, we switched his wristband out, and I ended up with one.  Which means that I got to go on the rides with the kids (which was actually really fun).  I haven't been on the Zipper since the Napa County Fair, probably in 1990, although I do remember it being my favorite ride.  Oh my goodness, it was so much fun!  I went on with Allen (since he couldn't go alone), and I loved it!

I also got to go on a few more rides in the 'big kid' section, and then a few rides in the 'Kiddie' section with Ryan. 

After that, we got some munchies (you can't go to the fair without eating lots of junk food), and then wandered around some exhibits.  Katie got to see the mini-ponies and the bunnies, but we missed the chickens (which we really wanted to see).
We had a blast and Ryan was furious at 10:45, when we told him it was time to go home.  We are already thinking about next year!  What a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment