Sunday, August 12, 2012

August 12, 2012

Outside Temp: 70 F (In the high 80's today... supposed to be cooler this week... woo hoo!)

What I cooked today:
Nothing: Patrick cooked a Papa Murphy's pizza for the family while I took a nap.

Update:
So, today was supposed to be a nice, relaxing day.  Somehow, things never work out like they are supposed to.

Ryan got out of the shower this morning, and we noticed that he had pulled his dressing off his line.  When I went to re-dress it, I noticed that the 'cuff' that holds his central line in place was not in the right location.  It looks like he pulled his line a little bit, which is never a good thing.

So, Patrick and I jumped in the car with Ryan and headed into town.  Our doctors at Benefis are amazing, and, while our doctor wasn't on-call today (it is Sunday, after all), the doctor who was on call knows us, and had us come right up to the floor to see her.  She sent us down to radiology to get an x-ray to make sure the line was still in place.

It looks like it's okay (for now), but we'll be bringing him back in the hospital tomorrow, to see how they want to handle the issue. 

Of course, since we were in town, we decided to go out to lunch and get some shopping done.  So, by the time we got home, I was exhausted.  My awesome husband sent me off to bed, and took care of the kids and dinner while I slept.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    I couldn't find your email address so I thought this might be the best way to ask you what Katie's favorite colors are. I picked up a very little something for the kids for back to school. I'm not sure they will last long but I thought they were cute. I'm so out of touch with what kids love these days so who knows!!!
    Hopefully, they won't be a complete disaster. (: Love and a hug, Penny

    ReplyDelete