Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012

Outside Temp: 67 F (and dropping.. it was in the high 80's/low 90's today, but we have an awesome storm coming through, and the temp just dropped like crazy!)
What I cooked today:
Burgers and Pasta: I actually cooked, although to be fair, I only had to work 1/2 day today.  It was so hot, I was cranky and tired when I got home, but I realized that Patrick was going to feed the kids hot dogs for dinner, so I figured I'd let him do that tomorrow...

Update:
Day 2 of training in Great Falls.  Which means for the second day in a row, I was awake and out the door by 7:15.  It's actually good practice for when school starts next week!  I still have 3 more days of training, but the first 'orientation' part is over. 

Ryan got to spend part of the day with the grandparents, trying out a new toy...



He had so much fun!!  Of course, his kite is a 'transformers' kite!

We also got our first 'blue' egg from our Aracana chickens! 


So, we got a call from Ryan's doctor, who said that his line is probably okay, and we can just keep an eye on it until we head back to Seattle in September.  We will be bringing him into Great Falls tomorrow, to get an extra stitch on his line, just to give it the extra support it might need to get it through the next 3-4 weeks.  It seems like it's holding up okay, so we'll just keep praying.

The weather front passing over the house right now is making wind gusts into the 50+ MPH range.  The kids our out front, pretending to fly around in the wind.  I'm really looking forward to the drop in temperature... it should be in the 60's tomorrow!

1 comment: