Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5, 2012

Outside Temp: 60 F (it was in the 70's and beautiful today!)

What I cooked today:
Pancakes: The kids wanted breakfast, so I spoiled them with pancakes.  Of course, I made too many, so they sat on the counter and got munched throughout the day.

Chicken Kiev (sort of): For our anniversary dinner, I made up my Chicken Kiev, with Greek seasonings, which turned out really well!  I think I need to practice my pounding of the chicken a little more, since I know it wasn't really uniform.  But, I heard no complaints, so I guess it worked out great!  Even Grandma's brother went back for seconds, so I'm very pleased!  Grandma made up some broccoli and rice to go with it, and then we had strawberry shortcake (homemade!) for dessert!

Update:
Today is Patrick and my 15th Wedding Anniversary!  I know there are some of our friends that couldn't imagine that we would work out.  We were too volatile, which is true.  But, it works for us!  We both are so happy with the dramatic turn that our lives have taken, with our choice to leap into this new life in Montana.  And, neither of us could have imagined how much happier we would be up here! 

On top of that, today is also Patrick's parents 41st Anniversary (yes, we got married on their anniversary, which makes it really, really easy to remember!).  I am so grateful for them, not just for my wonderful husband, but for their guidance and wisdom over the years. 

So, to celebrate our combined 56 years of wedded bliss, we had a wonderful dinner up at the Grandparents' house, with some family from Belt and, of course, my mother (who is out visiting).  And, for the kids, we kept back some firecrackers and fireworks from last night, which just allowed us to celebrate just a little longer.

At some point this evening, my mother commented that it was a little strange that two of the honorees (Grandma and myself) were doing all the cooking.  I replied that it tasted much better than if we requested that our husbands do the cooking.  And, in it's own way, it was a wonderful gift that we gave to each other.

Happy Anniversary, to my beloved husband and his amazing parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment