Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7, 2011

Outside Temp: 29 F

What I cooked today:
Chili:  We were driving a lot of the day, and back and forth and back and forth, so I just whipped up a pot of chili for dinner, which worked since it's getting kind of cold at night.  I used to use Schilling's Chili seasoning (you know, the little packets that say 'Chili' for about a buck), but then I realized, that it's just Chili powder, cumin and salt.  Ugh, that's a heck of a lot cheaper!  I toss in a pinch of basil and tonight I threw in a small can of V8 juice, just to change things up.  It worked out great and the pot was scraped clean.

Update:
The boys won their game tonight; 39-29, which was great.  The boys are still getting better (although they have a ways to go) and seemed to have fun out there tonight!  We have another game on Friday, then one more on Saturday.  Both games this week are here, so we don't have to do much driving.  Next week, we have 3 away games, with 2 of them being at least 2 hours away.  I guess we're gearing up for more road trips!

We drove into Stanford to try to open a new business checking account (so we could bank locally, instead of back in CA), but we didn't have all the paperwork we needed.  Not sure how we are going to proceed on that front, but I guess banking in California isn't so bad for now.

Then we drove back into Lewistown to get our driver's licences.  Woo Hoo!  We are official now!  He even voided my CA license, so there's no going back now.  And just for kicks and grins, I asked about a class C license to drive a school bus.  It seems you just need to take a test to get a provisional license, then I guess do a driving test and a certain number of hours to get a real license.  The school can always use another person to drive the school bus, either to or from school, or for the many sports games.  I figured, I might as well help out.  And the couple extra bucks wouldn't hurt.   I know, my expensive college education, and I would be driving a school bus.  Gotta love how life turns out!  :)

1 comment:

  1. LOLOLOLOL!!!! Now if I don't get a photo of you driving a school bus, my life will be incomplete!!! LOLOLOLOL!! You are so funny!

    ReplyDelete