Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 10, 2011

Outside Temp: 49 F ( a snow storm is 'scheduled' for this weekend, so this is the calm before the storm.  We turned off the heater for tonight... it's too warm.)


The view out my front door this evening.. The clouds were so pretty, a picture really doesn't do it justice.

Ryan was taking pictures today, and made daddy take this one of the two of us. I thought it turned out nice, so I thought I'd include it here.

What I cooked today:
Pumpkin Bread: The boys really love this bread, so I thought I'd bake some up today.  Patrick and I already devoured 1/2 of the bundt cake, which left the other half for Allen to inhale after practice.  I'm not sure why we all like it so much (maybe it's the 4 cups of sugar...)

Steak and Mashed Potatoes:  I thought I'd try steaks again tonight since: a) I have them in the freezer and they have to get eaten sometime.  and b) I can't quit just because I screwed up royally last time. 

The steaks turned out great!  I counted the minutes and kept checking my oven temperature gauge to make sure it stayed at 450-500.  The last steak was a little more rare than I usually like, so I just tossed it back in for an extra minute or two.  Connor was so excited about being able to mix his 'blood' with his mashed potatoes!


Update:
So, I was warned today that I need to be careful about my blog because 3 things might happen: 

1.  My friends and family wouldn't have to talk to me anymore, because everything new in my life they already would know from reading the blog, so I wouldn't have anything new to say.  I figure, I'm 'communicating' more with my friends and family than I ever did when we all lived next to each other.  And this way, I don't have to pay for expensive long distance phone calls.

2.  No one would talk to me anymore, since I would spill all their secrets on my blog.  I figure that my life is an open book, and I really don't have anything juicy or exciting to tell anyway.  Now, when I find out about something REALLY secret that I shouldn't share, I'll be sure to put it in bold.

3.  I'm making Montana sound so good, that people would want to come here and invade our state.  This one really made me laugh, since I'm sure that most of the people who are reading the blog will take note of the daily temperature and stay put.  Some of the people who are reading would notice that the nearest restaurant is 30 minutes away and I have to drive 45 minutes just to go to a grocery store.  And a few of the people, who are not afraid of the cold, and the distance, would not consider moving here because there really aren't that many jobs here.  Most people need to actually work to support themselves, and jobs are usually required for that to occur.  

That all being said, if you are not afraid of the cold, and the distance, and if you have a job you can do from home, and you're a nice person who can get along with other people, feel free to come on up.  Just be sure to stay at least a few miles away... We wouldn't want to get crowded.

The wind was blowing extra hard today, so even though it was warm, we couldn't really play outside after school.  Of course, that didn't stop Ryan from wanting to play outside.  I just loved the ghosts riding the swing set!  The video I really wanted to get was us walking from the play area to the car... we could barely stand upright!



1 comment: