Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011

Outside Temp: 31 F

What I cooked today:
Burritos/Tacos: I went shopping today, so I figured Taco meat was as easy as anything else.  Patrick and Connor both ended up making Quesadillas.  And I got to use a tomato from the parent's greenhouse... It was so sweet! 

Update:
The boys won their game against Centerville today, 36-20.  Their current standing is 6 wins/ 1 loss.  Not too bad!  We've got away games next Monday and Tuesday (over 2 hours away for both), so we'll see if that winning streak continues.  Then we only have 3 more games before the tournaments in Great Falls on the 1st.  The boys have come a long way from that first game in Belt, and I am so proud of them!

We had the beginnings of a snow storm this morning, which was totally awesome.  I am totally aware of how unexperienced I am of driving in snow.  I didn't fly all over the road, but I was very careful and drove slowly... Okay, not really slow, but slow enough that I got passed.  The snow wasn't really a problem, but there was a ton of wind, which meant that you needed to hold on to the steering wheel tightly.  No letting go and reaching across to change the radio or anything silly like that!

By the time the game was over (around 11:30) the storm was tapering off, with just a little bit of flurries.  And by the time we got home, it was almost clear.  We went up to the parent's house to throw around some snowballs.  Allen got me really good and Patrick tried to get me from the top balcony.  But I got him back, so it was okay. 

I can't wait for the next storm.  There was only about an inch of snow on the ground, so as you scraped up a handful of snow for a ball, you got down to the dirt.  I want to be able to pick up snow, and not have any dirt in it!  I know, I'm greedy!





After church, I went into Great Falls for my weekly shopping.  I managed to hit CVS, Big Lots, Sam's Club, Smiths, Target, Jo-Ann's and Albertsons in about 2 hours.  I shouldn't have to go back to town for a while, I hope.  Unfortunatly, I didn't get a picture of the Highwood Mountains on my drive in, and it was already dark when I left.  They were amazing!  Not totally covered in snow, but mostly covered.  Just beautiful! 

One of the 'different' things about it up here, there are no street lights on the highway.  As you drive out of town, once you hit the city limits, the roads are DARK.  I mean, really DARK.  If you turned off your headlights, you would not be able to see anything.  Not even the reflectors on the road.  NOTHING.  On the flip side, now I understand what 'brights' are for! 

2 comments:

  1. adorable photos! love your post!!! LOLOLOLOL!! enjoying your journey wearing shorts and flip flops in my boring dirty little house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heheh, Thanks Linda! I'm actually wearing a tank top, but I'm also inside, so I guess that doesn't count... :) The snow is expected to continue until Wednesday (I hope!)

    ReplyDelete