Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, 2011

Outside Temp: 38 F (snow is scheduled for tonight)

What I cooked today:
Nothing, since I switched with Patrick today, so I didn't make dinner... Totally feel like I'm neglecting my kids.

Thank you to everyone who sent me ground beef recipes.  I'm starting to organize them into categories and keep track of necessary ingredients, so I make sure I have everything I need to make whatever recipes I'm going to make for a week (since shopping is a 'once a week' event).  If anyone has more recipes that use ground beef, I'd love to hear them!

Update:
We are still in the hospital.  Our culture from Sunday grew Staph, again.  We think we may have found the cause... There was a small pinprick hole in his line, which may have been continually infecting his line.  So, we had the team here repair his line.  If we are lucky, the repair today will fix our infection issue and we can get on with our life.  If we are not lucky, the culture from this evening will grow again for Staph, and we may have to pull the line.  Pulling the line would involve a trip down to UCLA to put a new line in, assuming we can get arrangements made.   While we are not looking forward to having to fly down there, if that's what we have to do, so be it.  At least we're doing this now, rather than in 3 weeks (so it won't mess up our Christmas holiday!). 

The good part is that Ryan is doing fine.  He is not acting sick at all, and has not had a fever since Thanksgiving night (last Thursday, 5 days ago).  If anything, it's kind of annoying, since he's bouncing off the walls.  :)

Patrick had some work to do, and the Internet connection up here wouldn't let him do what he needed, so we switched today and he's home with the kids.  I'm praying that he actually wakes up in the morning to get the kids ready for school.  We'll have to see. 

Being here also means I have nothing to do.  Today, I spent about 5 hours watching back episodes of Glee on Netflix.  Now that I've finished Season 2, I need to either find another TV show, go back to reading my Vince Flynn books on Kindle, or get back to doing my Christmas Cards. 

There is a snow storm scheduled for the next 24 hours.  The snow should start by midnight tonight and last through the day tomorrow.  There are estimates that we might get as much as 4-6 inches of snow at the house, and up to 15 inches in the mountains.  I'm sure it will make for some awesome skiing by the 9th, when the slopes open.  Now I just have to start looking into getting snow gear and clothes for the kids.  If they do well, we'll probably be up there every weekend for the next couple months.  Maybe, I'll even get back up on skis, which I haven't done in years.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment