Wednesday, November 16, 2011

November 16, 2011

Outside Temp: 30 F (it's like summer!)

What I cooked today:
Chili: It was pretty cold most of the day, so chili is just awesome.

Cornbread Muffins: I used the recipe on the back of the corn meal package.  I still hate it when the cornbread just falls apart and you can't even put butter on it, because it shreds as you try to spread the butter.  Anyone have any ideas on how to make cornbread that stays together?

Update:
Today was a pretty lazy day.  The kids went to school, then came home.  The boys went to practice, then came home.  I made dinner and we ate.  Now, everyone is in bed, and I can't seem to remember anything I did today that was worthy of writing about. 

Oh wait, Patrick got about 13 lbs of ground beef at Sam's Club today, so I packaged it up in my FoodSaver packs and tossed it in the freezer. 

And one of the boy's teammates has a brother who shot an elk today, so he (the teammate) skipped practice to go help dress it.

Maybe something exciting will happen tomorrow.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I hate that about cornbread. I made it once with jack cheese and half a can of creamed corn and some green chilis, it was moist that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and 30 is warm, you're right

    ReplyDelete