Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4, 2011

Outside Temp: 23 F (and still no snow... I think they've been just teasing me about all this snow...)

What I cooked today:
Absolutely nothing... I know, it's the first time I haven't cooked anything, so I'm feeling like I should make something, but nope.  Nothing.  My day off... :)

Update:
The boys had the game in Winifred today.  It's about 2 hours away, so I took a few pictures of the hills around us while we were driving.  We stopped to pick up Katie around 2:30ish, and stopped again for snacks, so we got there by 4:40 (or so) and it didn't feel like driving forever (which I expected)! 

When I think of Montana, I always thought of a really flat region.  What I've found is that most of the state is actually quite hilly.  It's really pretty with rolling hills and big mountains. 


The last picture is of the town of Winifred, population ~150.  I thought this was the cutest place.  There's a main street, with a grocery store, and a hardware store, and the "community center" which is the museum, library, city hall, post office and ambulance... all in one building! I LOVE IT!


The boys won their game 25:23... it came down to the last seconds.  I think the boys were tired from the drive, since they seemed to struggle with some shots, but they played like champs and kept going.  Connor has really gotten good at guarding his 'man' and I think he was doing such a good job, it was ticking off the guy he was guarding.  He was not being mean, just blocking him like crazy and the kid couldn't make a shot to save his life.  At one point, I think the kid even started shoving Connor away, but he just stayed right with him.  It was great!  He stayed with him for the entire 3rd period!

Allen was sent out to replace another player, but I think the coach forgot to tell him who to guard.  So, he kind of looked lost for the first minute, until the coach pointed out his 'man'.  It was great, because he was guarding one of the littlest players on the court.  Allen was probably a foot taller than this kid, and the kid became useless with Allen towering over him. 

We stayed for half of the middle school game, with the boys watching the other players.  It was really useful to show them how the players guard and how they play as a team.  Then we took off and started the trek home.  We decided to stop in Lewistown for pizza, mostly because Patrick and I were starving!  The boys had asked for my cooking if they won, but since I didn't have anything prepared anyway, this worked out better.  And I didn't have to clean up any dishes! 

The kids are looking forward to not having much to do this weekend... Church on Saturday and free all day Sunday.  Maybe, if we ever get the snow they have been talking about all week, we might go back up to the mountains.

1 comment: