Saturday, October 22, 2011

Introduction

Current outside temp: 52 F

SOME PEOPLE (you know who you are) have suggested that I blog about my adventures in Montana.  So, here I am.  If you know me well, you know that I never finish anything I start, so I'll probably blog for about 8 entries, then get bored and forget for about two years (which makes me think of my diary when I was a teenager, but that's another story).  If you are actually reading this blog, please let me know, so I have some reason to continue once I get bored.

As most of you already know, I've lived my entire life in California.  I grew up in Napa, in northern California, then moved to San Diego for college.  I've lived the last 13 years in Temecula (just north of San Diego).  My biggest complaint about California is that there are too many people, and I hated the weather.  It was too hot.  So, like most things in my life, we make a decision and just run with it.

After spending the summer with Patrick's parents up here in Montana, we decided (on the 20 hour drive home) to pack up our entire house and move 1200 miles away to a new town, a new environment and a new life.  There will invariably be many moments in the next 6 months in which I regret that decision, especially when it's 20 below zero, but I really believe that this is what is best for our family.  But ask me again next spring!

2 comments:

  1. I am reading your blog. There is no doubt you are a great blogger. You have style in your prose, your life and in your sense of humor! Keep it up as long as you can and/or as often as you can. I am putting your blog on my RSS feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started reading! Keep it up!
    ~Emily V.

    ReplyDelete